Friday, October 15, 2010

Plain Inconvenience or Catastrophe?

Dead iPod charger
Broken angle valve in the bathroom
Our house seemed to be a troublesome for my mom and I in the past few days. Our three different bathroom floors had been flooded with water due to angle valve damage & it’s still leaking despite having it fixed. Our freezer container broke into half. Power socket in my room sparkled & it’s non-functional already. My iPod charger was killed by the power socket. Shortage of electricity occurred in my mom’s room. Her power socket got impaired as well. Talk about inconvenience inside the house, a test of patience, and, of course, pain in the pocket. I guess everyone can relate to this and even once in our lives we faced series of unfortunate events that disrupt our sense of balance. Hmm, damage control anyone? Nobody ever said that life is easy & without problems, but the secret to handling problems is how we view them. It’s an attitude thing. A friend of mine gripped into belief that our main problem is the head, and I would like to confess that sometimes I seemed to have that head problem. There is a need to constantly remind our heads about recognizing the vast difference between plain inconvenience and a major catastrophe. Running out of water is inconvenient. A postponed event is inconvenient. Spilled shirt is inconvenient. But, a crushed bone and wrecked buildings due to earthquake? Now we are talking about major catastrophe!


Life is full of complexities but I know that it has to be enjoyed as well. Inconveniences are temporary and it can be fixed soon, but the damage that we gradually do with ourselves and the relationships involved in our lives can turn into catastrophe when we don’t quickly get away ourselves from it. There are times that we tend to forget the important things in life-- like relationships-- that we get so consumed by the fire that we create within us and people may even get burned with it. I learned from the inconveniences that happened lately in our house that no matter how can these inconveniences turn our house into sabotage (not something that I wished for), I know for the mere fact that my life would be still enjoyable by looking on the real permanent deal in life-- God and relationships. Circumstances shaped and challenged me to become better and to love my family all the more. Every single thing can ruin into dust, but my family will always be the permanent home in my heart. If we could only forego and spare ourselves from the stresses that we create from a mere inconvenience, maybe we can live a life that is more enjoyable and live it to the fullest.

My Family

2 comments:

  1. Cute ni Tita Estela on the 2nd picture. I love your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, nagka-short circuit sa inyo? buti na lang nothing really bad happened. Still, God is good. :) Nice one Jo! Come follow my blog too! :D

    ReplyDelete